RESULT North Shore 27–Freedom 20
October 8, 2016, 1:00pm @ GEAA Field, 663 Summer St, Lynn, MA 01905
Referee's Official Match Report
The match was played on a pitch that included 2 sand baseball infields and much of the pitch was simply dirt. Fortunately it was a dry cloudy high 60s day that allowed both teams to play quality rugby. The match was quite even until the 34th minute when Freedom's captain intercepted a pass and ran 45 meters for an unconverted try. North Shore came right back with its hard attacking forwards to score a converted try and to lead the half 13-8. In the second half North Shore came out storming and scored two converted tries in the first 20 minutes. However it's #5 received a yellow card for a dangerous tackle and during the sin bin time Freedom scored two tries converting one. The final 10 minutes saw both forward packs trying to maintain possession with some hard hitting tackling and rucks but Freedom could not get that final try to give it a chance to tie the match.
Referee: Christopher Davis
Our Match Report
No report on record.
- NSRFC vs. New London · 10 September 2016
- NSRFC vs. Charles River · 17 September 2016
- NSRFC vs. Boston Maccabi · 24 September 2016
- NSRFC vs. Mad River · 01 October 2016
- NSRFC vs. Freedom · 08 October 2016
- NSRFC vs. Saratoga · 15 October 2016
- NSRFC vs. Springfield · 22 October 2016
- NSRFC vs. Old Gold · 29 October 2016
- NSRFC vs. MIT · 12 November 2016